We are currently seeking a part-time Medical Director to join our team and to work on a flexible/casual basis. This position would suit a doctor who wishes to develop their skills and experiences within the event medicine and medical education industry, whilst maintaining their full-time position within the NHS. The contracted hours would be worked from our offices or when suitable, remotely from home.
Contracted Hours – 12 hours/month (extra hours available by working at events & education courses). Potential to increase contracted hours following a six-month review.
Pay – £255/month.
Venue – Ambleside, Cumbria.
To Start – ASAP (March 2015).
- Consultant/Senior Registrar ST3/4+ (preferably EM or Anaesthetics)
- Pre-hospital Care experience
- ATLS/ALS qualified
- Experience working with clinical governance
- Full, clean driving license
- ATLS/ALS/PHTLS instructor
- Private Prescriber number
- Experience of writing PGD’s
- MIMMS qualified
- Experience of remote clinical supervision
- Event Medicine experience
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Offering clinical advice to the management team who in turn will pass on to paramedics, rescue technicians and junior doctor grades
- Supporting staff development and advising on staff training
- Advising and overseeing clinical audits / clinical governance
- Advising on evidence best practice in both medical education and event medicine
- Working with and advising the management team on medicine management
If you are interested in joining our professional and growing organisation please send your CV as well as a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.